Monday 15 August 2011

Ooh, New Toy!

I think there are a lot of gardening gadgets out there that are either a) completely useless or b) for the criminally lazy but I remember my dad always saying that you should use the right tool for the right job. With this in mind and a continually blunt pair of hedge sheers in hand I trotted off to buy myself some grass shears. Boy oh boy is life easier with these babies in hand! I have a pair of long handled edgers (definitely not the technical term but at least they have a name - usually I just mime the tool ) which are great for controlling stray grass overhanging flowerbeds and a strimmer which is good for a particularly long straggly edge, but for precision cutting these are fab.
These are made by Spear & Jackson and were purchased on Amazon for a bargain £11.99. The blades can be rotated so that they cut on either a horizontal plane (pictured) or vertical plane like a normal pair of scissors and now that I can actually get them open I wonder how I ever did without them. Yay for a gadget that really works!
FYI you can also pick up a pair in Wilkinsons for about a fiver if you're on a budget. We're gonna use those ones down on the allotment.
LxXx

No comments:

Post a Comment