Thursday 18 November 2010

Branching Out

My terribly glamorous PR friend, Katie, is marrying her Ultimate Hero in April 2011 and I've been asked to come up with some design ideas for the reception, which is all very exciting/flattering/scary/insane. So yesterday and with flowers in mind, I attended a course at the Judith Blacklock School of Floristy to hone my flower arranging skills.
Judith (who's an absolute star) runs the only accredited floristy school in London and her teaching style is relaxed and uncomplicated, breaking down each design and technique into simple, easy to follow steps. In one afternoon I managed to make the attached wedding/church arrangements (traditional, beautiful, but definitely not our Katie) and became the perfect dinner guest this evening by presenting two of them to my hostess and the bride to be.
Our delicious pie and mashed potato dinner was washed down with cava, followed by ice cream and tight waistbands, all overlaid with friendship and chat - the perfect evening. Even the Ultimate Hero (the only male at the feast) seemed to have a grand old time.
Anyway, now I've got an idea of what the bride (and groom of course!) are after it's away to ponder all things PR wedding - T.T.F.N. daahhhling!
LxXx

No comments:

Post a Comment