Thursday 1 July 2010

Regularly Is Best

Back to Mr 122 and Maxwells House this week for a round of weeding and mowing.
Maxwell House's roses are looking a bit tired and hungry and I suggested he think about giving them a good old choppin' and feed some time soon. As usual he smiled and nodded and said he'd "take it under advisement", which I think is code for 'uh-huh, and. . . ?' His lawn grown asparagus was three feet high when I got there and it's spreading into the flower beds now too (eek!). I lobbed off a couple of flowers that were in my face as I was hoeing (ooh, I love my hoe) and popped them in a plastic cup of water on his doorstep for when he got home. I really like Maxwell House although he's a bit of a stickler for time. I was ten minutes late collecting my money (Sainsbury delivery five mins before deadline, hall full of carrier bags - nightmare) when he called. Hello says I, all bright and breezy. "Problem?" asks he all business. Nice as pie when I got there though - go figure!
LxXx

No comments:

Post a Comment