Saturday 10 July 2010

Everyone's A Winner!

Well 3 of us at least. Yes, folks I actually got a placing in the local front garden contest - 3rd to be precise, which considering the state of our drive and path is a bloody marvel! Here's a pic of me with my prize (a water butt not a kegger) and looking slightly too pleased with myself, or slightly insane depending on how you look at it. Hmmm. . . This is only the second year for the garden contest and there were 15 entrants, so I'm really chuffed. Actually I should take the opportunity to thank B as we planted the garden together and I think it was her veg plot and tomato plants that stole it for us. It was a scorcher today and Ange, B and I had a great time looking at all the stalls at the Forest Gate Festival while we waited for the prize giving - I even had a go a hula hooping whilst eating Mauritian fried veg with chilli sauce - veg not a compulsory part of the hooping process and not to be recommended while pummeling your stomach with a plastic hoop! Did a very British thing in the heat though - had a nice cup of tea. Lovely.
LxXx

No comments:

Post a Comment