Wednesday 21 April 2010

Maxwell's House


Just spent the last two days doing another weeding job for one of my neighbours who inherited a house with a rather run down garden from his aunt. The front and back gardens were shabby and neglected so it was out with the hoe and down to weeding! Mind you, the back yard had an anderson shelter sitting outside the back door and lots of rubbish which needed moving before I could even get to the weeding - hard work on a hot day.
Did my first hedge trim/topiary work and was quite please with the results, despite having to do a bit of evening-up as he hedge had developed it's own style half way down the garden. No weeding blisters this time either, must be toughening up. Back next week to tackle the lawn as I didn't estimate enough time, which is something I need to work on. My brother-in-law, Ben, runs his own building business said that he did the same thing when he first started out so it's reassuring that I'm not the only one.
LxXx

No comments:

Post a Comment